#MuffinMonday ~ Blackberry Muffins
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins to brighten their (and your!) Mondays. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest boardL http://www.pinterest.com/flpl/muffin-monday/. Our hostess is the lovely Stacy of Food Lust People Love.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page: http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/p/muffinmonday.html.
Today I am sharing a tender, cake like muffin stuffed with goey bits of delicious blackberries! These remind me of the muffins you might get at a bakery. We had a bag of blackberries left over in the freezer from the pies we made at Thanksgiving and I thought a muffin would be a wonderful way to use a few of them. I love the sweetness of the muffin batter paired against the bite of the berry flavor. I left the sugar topping off of this batch, but it would add a lovely crunch for some texture variation!
See what everyone has shared today!
- Bacon Cheddar Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bacon Scallion Corn Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Blackberry Muffins from Making Miracles
- Cranberry Pistachio Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Mini Donut Muffins from Passion Kneaded
Blackberry Muffins from Taste of Home
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream butter with 1 1/4 cups sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until creamy. Add in eggs one at a time, scraping sides down as needed until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternating with the milk, add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar mixture on low speed just until well combined.
- Mix in the blackberries gently by hand.
- Divide muffin batter between cupcake wells of prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the batter with the reserved sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes until lightly browned on top and cooked through (check with a toothpick).