#BundtBakers ~ Giant Party Sub Bundt
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
This month Sue of Palatable Pastime has invited us to "Punt the Bundt" and make tailgate worthy bundts! When I was considering what might be a fun treat for a tail gate I decided something savory would be appropriate which led me to using the bundt pan to bake up some bread and make a tasty sandwich! You can cut this into appetizer sized wedges, or larger wedges for full sandwiches.
Using the bundt pan makes for a lovely presentation, and you can mix and match your favorite sandwich fillings to make this your own!
See all the delicious Tailgating Bundts being shared today:
- Boston Cream Mini Bundts from Patty's Cake
- Brown-Sugar Ripple Buttermilk Bundt Cake from All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Bundt cake de platano from La mejor manera
- Chili Cheese Corn Dog Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Coffee Bundt Cake with Espresso Glaze from Cookaholic Wife
- Chocolate Guinness Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling from Nunca es demasiado dulce
- Chocolate, Walnut and Prune Bundt Cake from Katin špajz
- Cranberry & Beer Breakfast Bundt Cake from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cranberry Pound Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Giant Party Sub Bundt from Making Miracles
- Lemon and Praline Cold Bundt Cake from Bizcocheando
- Lemon Beer Bundt Cake from Passion Kneaded
- Maple Bundt with Cinnamon Glaze from Sweet Sensations
- Orange Cranberry Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Yellow Vanilla Bundt Cake with Hot Fudge Sauce from Tartacadabra
- Yogurt Bundt Cake from Sneha's Recipe
Cold Cut Bundt Sandwich adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
10 ounces refrigerated bread dough, thawed
Green leaf lettuce
3 thick cut slices of bacon, sliced in half and cooked until almost crispy
6-8 slices Genoa salami
12-14 slices ounces deli-style sliced turkey
4 slices baby Swiss cheese
- Press the thawed bread into the base of your bundt pan, well sprayed with baking spray. Allow to rise for 45-60 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and baked through.
- Allow to cool. Remove from bundt pan. When ready to assemble, slice the bread in half lengthwise. Spread mayonnaise on the inside of the bottom half, and mustard on the inside of the top half. On the bottom half, begin layering ingredients: meats, cheese, pickles, tomato, lettuce, etc. Change up ingredients / quantities to your personal tastes and preferences.
- Slice into small wedges for appetizer sized sandwiches, or larger wedges for lunch.