#BundtBakers ~ Orange Pound Cake
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
This month our hostess is Felice from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs who challenged us to make Bundts of "Orange" - color of the ingredients, flavor, you name it! You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
My head is just about exploding tonight, thanks to one of those lovely fall colds my sweet angel (aka carrier of the small child diseases) brought home to me so I'm going to make this short and sweet. This cake came together really easily, even on a work night when I feel like death, and baked up quickly since I used my bundtlette pan (which are so stinking cute)! The glaze gives it a little extra touch of sweetness and moisture. I love all that orange flavor infused into this cake - it would make a great accompaniment to a cup of tea at the end of the day. Because of the citrus flavor it's not heavy at all. Being a pound cake by trade, it is certainly very buttery, and has a slightly firm texture that makes it easy to slice and serve! I think this is a great recipe if you're looking for something citrusy to serve - it would make a good spring cake. When I can actually taste things again, I'll update you on my full opinion - right now I can only give you my best guess!
Don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Autumn Spiced Carrot Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
- Butternut Chai Bundt Cake by ;All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Chocolate Orange Marble Bundt by The Crumby Kitchen
- Creamsicle Bundt Cake with Orange Cocoa Glaze by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Halloween Bundt by La mejor manera de hacer
- Individual Chocolate Orange Bundts by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange & Chocolate Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Orange Chocolate Bundt Brownies by Sneha's Recipe
- Orange–Chocolate Bundt Cake with Sour Cream Glaze by Katin špajz
- Orange Crunch Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Orange Marmalade Bundt Cake by Patty's Cake
- Orange Pound Cake by Making Miracles
- Orange Sponge Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Spicy Orange Bundt Cake by Bizcocheando
- Sweet Potato Bundt with Apricot Brandy Glaze by Sweet Sensations
14 TBS butter, softened (1 3/4 sticks)
1 1/4 cups + 2 TBS granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1 teaspoons grated orange rind
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 TBS baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup + 2 TBS fresh orange juice (1 large orange appx)
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1-2 tsp milk or orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundtlette pan (6 mini bundts) with baking spray.
- Beat butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, until well combine and then add in the orange extract and rind.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually blend the dry ingredients into the butter mixture on medium speed, alternating with the orange juice. Blend just util combined and divide batter between prepared bundlettes.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes before turning cakes out on rack; cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk confectioners sugar with juice or milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Allow glaze to dry before slicing and serving.
You really gotta watch out for those carrier monkeys...they are always bringing yuckies home with them! Hope you feel better and your cake looks freaking amazing. Totally worth have a cold for!ReplyDelete
Hope you are feeling better soon Rebekah. That cake and a hot cup of tea should do the trick.ReplyDelete
I guess you are rested now!!, despite of the fact that this cake looks deliciousReplyDelete
Hope you are feeling better, Rebekah! And yes, the cake looks absolutely delicious and so beautifully shiny!ReplyDelete
I hope the nasty bug has gone and you're feeling better. Thanks for this little cutie patootie bundtlet!ReplyDelete
Get on well soon!!! Your bundlet is so cuteeee!!! I love it!!! XOXOReplyDelete