If you like warm, rich, sweet, cinnamony sauces, soft buttery crescents, and delicious strawberries you really can't beat this dessert. A traditional apple dumpling gets a "face lift" by swapping the apples for diced strawberries yielding a whole new dessert and delicious way to serve strawberries in a dessert. This was a very easy dessert to throw together after dinner one night, and went wonderfully fresh from the oven in a bowl with vanilla ice cream melting over it. It was very rich, and sweet so a little goes a long way.
I look forward to trying this recipe with apples, peaches, and pears at a later date. It's a great base to play with! The sauce is wonderful.
1 (8 ounce) can honey flavored crescent rolls
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup lemon soda
2/3 cup fresh strawberries - diced small
- Preheat the oven at 350 F; spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Divide the strawberries between the crescents and place a small amount of the strawberries at the wide / top part of the crescent roll, and proceed to roll as you typically would and shape like a crescent roll with the ends slightly turned in (if desired). Place prepared crescents into the baking dish.
- In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla. Remove from heat and pour over the dumplings so that all surfaces are coated.
- Pour the soda in the middle and along the edges of the pan (not over the tops of the rolls).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)