Happy 32nd birthday to my amazing younger sister! Kylie opted for a fun snacky food Avengers Movie Theme Night for her birthday party on Friday, and we had so many yummy things. Among those choices were these portable handheld pizza cupcakes.
We used a mix of pepperoni, olives, and fresh mushrooms for the filling and you can mix and match the filling ingredients however you want. The wonton wrappers make a fun and unique "pizza crust". They get very crispy on the exposed upper edges, and nice and soft and tender where the filling ingredients touch.
These are easy to customize, they look super cute, and are perfect finger party food! The tray of pizza cupcakes didn't last long at our party.
Pizza Cupcakes from The Recipe Rebel
18 small wonton wrappers (about 3-4" in width)
~ 2 cups of your favorite pizza filling ingredients (pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, pepper, onion, bacon, ham, etc.)
¾ cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or mix cheddar and mozzarella if desired)
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay one wonton wrapper in the bottom of 9 cupcake holes. Press the wrapper in right to the edges so that it sticks to the non-stick spray.
- Divide half of the pizza sauce between the prepared cupcakes, divide half of your filling ingredients over the sauce.
- Place another wonton wrapper on top of your filling (on all 9 cupcakes), staggering the edges so that they don't overlap your first wonton. Press the second wonton wrapper down onto the filling gently and up the sides of the pan.
- Divide remaining sauce and filling ingredients among cupcakes.
- Top with cheese and bake about 15 minutes until edges are golden and cheese is bubbly. Let cool slightly before eating.
I love this idea! I'm always looking for new and interesting things the kids will love--who would have thought wonton wrappers could be converted so!ReplyDelete