#BloggerCLUE ~ Butterfinger Pie
So last week I was supposed to post on Tuesday with the other lovely ladies who belong to the Blogger C.L.U.E. group, but because I am still just dipping my toes back into blogging I am not back to my normal levels of attention and organization yet so I hadn't added the posting date to my schedule and completely missed it. I am only home every other day at this point, so I really have to plan my postings carefully to make sure I have ample time to prepare and photograph items with limited time in the kitchen right now (since the other half of my available time is spent with Kent at the hospital still, and still working full time as well).
Over the weekend I really wanted to make and share something from Kate's blog and was so disappointed I missed the reveal day, so I dug around for a little while and settled quickly on this delicious and creamy Butterfinger Pie. I've never made an ice cream pie before - but you can bet this won't be the last time. I couldn't believe how EASY it was and how special it came out too - the Butterfinger candy really infuses into the vanilla ice cream and it's just delicious! Top with a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a sprinkle of crushed Butterfinger and you have a celebratory worthy dessert to share at any get together or special occasion (or hoard it and eat it yourself - I won't tell)!
See the beautiful Blogger CLUE selections for November at these links:
- Aunt Orlean's Pie Dough by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Bacon and Leek Quiche by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Black Forest Fruit Pie by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Brownie Pecan Pie by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Cast Iron Apple Pie by Lisa from Suburban Gourmet
- Cauliflower and Leek Quiche by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Classic Pumpkin Pie by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Fig and Caramelized Onion Crostini by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Five Spice Apple Pie by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- French Silk Pie with Frangelico by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Lemon Almond Cake by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Lemon Icebox Pie by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Pumpkin Caramel Sea Salt Blondies by Heather from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie by Kelli from Kelli's Kitchen
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by Debra from Eliot's Eats
- Roasted Butternut Squash Dip by Anna from annaDishes
- Semisweet Chocolate Tart with Candied Pistachios by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Southern Buttermilk Pie by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Vegan Blueberry Cranberry Mini Cashew Icebox Cheesecakes by Kim from Liv Life
Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I pulse mine in the blender until they are finely ground)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a 8- or 9-inch pie plate combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Use your hands or spoon to combine gently and then press the mixture evenly to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then set aside and allow to cool while you prepare the pie filling.
1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
1 quart vanilla ice cream
3 (2.1 oz) Butterfinger candy bars, coarsely crushed
additional crushed Butterfinger "dust"
- Soften ice cream and evenly mix in crushed candy. Pour mixture into prepared graham cracker crust and freeze, uncovered. Cover with foil or saran wrap once filling is set.
- To serve top with a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of crushed Butterfinger.