#MuffinMonday ~ Pancake and Sausage Muffins
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
Are you a food blogger who is interested in joining and posting with our muffin loving group? Request to join our Facebook page - we'd love to have you!
I wanted to find something a little different for today's muffin recipe. I made some of my very favorite chocolate muffins for #MuffinMonday recently - and they were so rich and chocolatey and very dessert like! So, I thought I'd find something that was maybe a little more breakfast appropriate today - something that might be more like a fun weekend breakfast we'd have on a typical Saturday. I stumbled across these pancake muffins and knew I had to give them a try!
They definitely did not disappoint. I could not get over the fact that I was eating a muffin that was exactly like a soft, pillowy pancake in texture. They were really a fun breakfast treat, especially with the bites of maple flavored sausage. They're really great dipped or drizzled with a little maple syrup, and my sister really liked hers split and served with some jam in the middle! This would be such a cute addition to a breakfast or brunch buffet, with small containers of maple syrup for drizzling. Mix and match your add-ins as well, some bacon, chocolate chips, raspberries, blueberries, bananas - anything that goes with pancakes!
See all of our tasty muffin recipes we're sharing with you today:
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Beer and Cheese Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Flourless Banana Peanut Butter Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Matcha Coconut MOffins from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pancake and Sausage Muffins from Making Miracles
- Small Batch Corn Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Sourdough Cranberry Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Waffle Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pancake and Sausage Muffins from Center Cut Cook
1/2 pound maple breakfast sausage links, cooked, cooled, and sliced into small rounds
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 TBS white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
4 TBS butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
Maple syrup, for serving
Jam, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray well with baker's spray and set aside. If you are using liners, I suggest spraying the insides with cooking spray, as mine stuck quite a bit to their liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Make a well in the center and add in the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla, stream the melted butter in while you stir. Mix just until combined and all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Mix in the prepared sausage pieces with a spatula, and then divide batter between the prepared muffin tins (mine were about all the way full).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. These will stay fairly pale in color, so definitely go by the toothpick and not a visual check for color!
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the tin before removing and serving.