#MuffinMonday ~ Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
Welcome to our January event - we're sharing up lots of tasty ideas for your kitchen this month, including this delicious chocolate muffin. This is probably one of my favorite muffin recipes I've made in awhile. It has a wonderful texture, with that slightly crisped exterior, and fluffy interior studded with rich chocolate chips. It has a balanced chocolate flavor, enhanced by a touch of instant coffee, and isn't too sweet. My family really enjoyed this one!
Put these delicious muffins out at breakfast, or enjoy warmed with some ice cream for a tasty dessert - they're versatile and portable too!
I have been dealing with back issues for the past few days, so getting this bake done was a little bit challenging / painful for me but I am so glad I was able to spend a little time in the kitchen and participate this month. My Baby Baker was a happy assistant as usual and an excellent taste tester as well. Plus she actually ate a whole muffin by herself - and that is very high praise from Lindsey indeed!
See all the tasty muffins we're sharing with you today:
- Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins from Making Miracles
- Cherry Chip Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Sugar Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Jelly Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Macaroon Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Sprouted Spelt Date Muffins from Food Lust People Love
Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins from Pretty Simple Sweet
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons instant coffee, optional
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, vegetable oil, instant coffee, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, just until combined - do not overmix.
- Add in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill each muffin tin almost completely full (my batch made 16 muffins, you may need more than one batch).
- Bake for 3 minutes in the 425 degree oven, then turn the heat down to 350 degrees and bake for 12-17 more minutes (mine needed 14 additional minutes).
- Check with a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin; they are done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before removing from tin to a cooling rack to complete cooling.