#SecretRecipeClub ~ White Chocolate Snickerdoodles
Welcome to the June 2016 Group B reveal day for Secret Recipe Club. I hope you will take a moment to visit the Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of food bloggers who are given a secret assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day.
For June I was assigned to Terri's blog "Our Good Life" and had a fantastic time browsing through her many, many delicious recipes! I've had the pleasure of working with Terri in other groups I belong to as well, such as Foodie Extravaganza, and Bundt Bakers. Terri's blog started in 2005 and has evolved over the years, but covers everything from tasty recipes, to product, book, and movie reviews, travel, home decor, and more. She and her husband were both working in education, living in Jefferson City, Missouri when the blog began and now live in St. Louis and have retired. You can see more about Terri here!
Look at a few of the goodies I had to pick from! Grilled Banana Boats, Gooey Butter Cake, Lemon Gooey Butter Cake, Farmers Eggs, Egg McMuffin, Chocolate Amaretto Creams, Penne Pasta Pie, Garlicky Buttered Shrimp, Lemon Bits Oatmeal Cookies, Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and Goat Cheese, Pasta with Zucchini, Lemon, and Basil...
Above is my precocious and adorable 2 1/2 year old (3 in September - ACK). Below is what happens when said 2 1/2 year old sees fresh cookies within reach of her small adorable curious fingers.
These cookies were delicious. I knew they would be - pudding based cookies are almost always tender and moist and tasty! These white chocolate snickerdoodles are no exception. The pudding base gives them a lovely texture, and the cinnamon really shines through and isn't overpowered by the white chocolate flavor. They are perfect. And the timing couldn't be better - I always like making homemade cookies for road trips and these cookies went with us this past weekend to Destin, FL for my birthday weekend trip! On June 12th I turned another year older, and decided to celebrate with my feet in the sand and the ocean breeze kissing my skin. I think that is a pretty good self-present, don't you?!
White Chocolate Snickerdoodles from Our Good Life
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup sugar
1 small box white chocolate pudding
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay parchment sheets on your cookie sheets.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon together; set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and dry white chocolate pudding mix together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together; scrape down the sides. Add in eggs and vanilla, beat until thoroughly mixed.
- On slow speed, add in dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Scoop dough and form roughly walnut sized balls. Roll balls in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place balls on cookie sheet, about 1" apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to finish cooling on racks.