This month Laura of Baking in Pyjamas is hosting with the theme Midsummer. The challenge was to create a dessert of your choice which is Midsummer Eve themed, think any kind of summer fruit or an interpretation of what Midsummer means to you. Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
I searched around a little when I was first trying to decide what to make for today and then started thinking of summer berries, and romantic desserts... streaming, warm, melty chocolate and juicy ripe berries seemed just about the perfect combination to me!
This was a decadent treat that worked beautifully with the ripe, fresh, juicy Farmer's Market strawberries I picked up a little over a week ago. The chocolate was rich, creamy and clung perfectly to the tender berries. I ate way more than I should... this was pretty much my dinner the day I made it! And then I did a horrible thing and used some of the leftover fondue the next night smeared onto artisan chocolate bread (also from the Farmer's Market) with slices of strawberry, grilled in a panini press. It was ridiculous. Sometimes having a blogger brain that wants to use ingredients and components in new and different ways proves to be hazardous. But in a very, very tasty way!
See all the tempting desserts shared today:
- Blueberry Slab Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Vanilla Custard by Sneha's Recipe
- Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries by Making Miracles
- Dark Berry Gelato by Baking in Pyjamas
- Egg Free Mint Gelato by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Kladdkaka by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mango Souffle by G'Gina's Kitchenette
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Nordic Walnut Cake with Coffee Icing by Food Lust People Love
- Simple Peach Crisp by Cooking with Traci
- Swedish Cheesecake with Strawberries by Caroline's Cooking
Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries adapted from Eagle Brand on AllRecipes
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 - 5 cups whole strawberries, rinsed, dried, greens removed.
- In a fondue pot, over medium-low heat (watch heat carefully so chocolate does not burn), melt chocolate chips and butter with sweetened condensed milk and water. Cook and stir constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Turn heat to low to keep warm, stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm as a decadent dip for fresh strawberries (use skewers for dipping fruit into the hot melted chocolate if desired).