I am so excited that it is finally summer, and you know what that means - picnics, BBQs, camping, pool parties, and... cookouts! This year, we've got something special to celebrate! We joined forces with around 50 of our blogging friends to bring you #CookoutWeek - an entire week filled with yummy summer recipes perfect for your next cookout, along with a fun giveaway, courtesy of some awesome sponsors. It's super easy to enter, and one lucky winner will get:
- Char-Broil American Gourmet 600 Series Charcoal Grill (see specs here!)
- Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard, French Farm Butcher Salt Box, and Confit of Figs and Balsamic Vinegar from The French Farm
- Sauce 3-Pack (Ketchup, BBQ, Veracha) from True Made Foods
- Wimpy's BBQ Rub, Dilly Dust Seasoning, and Cheryl's Jamaican Me Hungry Seasoning from Swine Dining
- A Perfect Pickler Kit from Perfect Pickler
- A gift basket of products from Fungus Among Us
- A gift bag of products from Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods
- All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts, Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/ Orange Sauce, Duck Bacon, Duck Wing Drummettes from Maple Leaf Farms
It's pretty much everything you need to host an awesome cookout this summer. It's a prize pack worth over $300! Thank you so much to all of the wonderful sponsors listed above, who have made #CookoutWeek possible.
Enter now: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don't forget to check back throughout the week with all of the bloggers participating to get some yummy #CookoutWeek recipes. Here's the full list of participating bloggers:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin' Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • addicted 2 recipes • Aimee Broussard & Co. • Amy's Cooking Adventures • Angels Home Sweet Homestead • Bakin' and Eggcerpts • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Cheese Curd In Paradise • Cindy's Recipes and Writings • Cook With 5 Kids • Cook. Craft. Love. • Cookaholic Wife • Cricket's Confections • Crumb: A Food Blog • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Everyday Eileen • Fairyburger • Food Parsed • Get the Good Stuff! • Goodie Godmother • Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks • Home in the Finger Lakes • Jennifer Cooks • Jessie Weaver • Kate's Recipe Box • Life on Food • Little House Big Alaska • Little Scratch Kitchen • Making Miracles • Moore or Less Cooking • Rhubarb and Honey • Savvy In The Kitchen • Seduction in the Kitchen • Simple Food 365 • Style Island • Thanks for Cookin'! • The Food Hunter's Guide To Cuisine • The Hungary Buddha Eats the World • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • This is How I Cook • Tramplingrose • Vintage Kitty • West Via Midwest
I am looking forward to sharing some yummy recipes with all of our readers! I'm starting the week of with this Easy Peach Tea. The original recipe suggests creating the peach syrup then straining out the peaches, but I used my vitamix to blend it all up to keep the peaches incorporated into the beverage. It is sweet, fruity, with a touch of tea flavor. If you like more of a tea flavor I would double the tea bags. Fresh and fruity!
Easy Peach Tea adapted from Passion for Savings
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
3 family sized iced-tea tea bags
1 quart water
- Bring syrup ingredients to boil. Then reduce heat to medium.
- Crush peach slices as you stir to dissolve sugar.
- Turn off heat cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Use an iced tea maker to run the water through and prepare tea.
- Blitz the cooled peach syrup mixture until puree is smooth in a good quality blender (I love my Vitamix). Blend into tea, refrigerate and serve chilled. Add fresh peach slices to tea if desired. (You can just pulse the peach mixture if you don't mind a little texture to your drink, or if you want it completely smooth, strain the peaches out of the syrup before adding to the tea.)