Pork Chops with Mushroom Onion Gravy
This is an easy and tasty pork chop recipe we enjoyed not long ago - I loved the onions and mushrooms and how tender and flavorful the chops came out!
I'm also a very big fan of single pan / pot dishes, so cooking this all together in one large skillet made me happy.
Summer has officially begun as of yesterday!! Can you believe it?? It always feels like summer to me as soon as school lets out, but now the calendar agrees. Our weekends have been filled already, and the beginning of July is going to be busy with a much anticipated visit from my brother and niece and then I think the second half of July through August are unclaimed at the moment... if I can leave well enough alone and actually try to have some down time! My son is hoping to get to the pool as much as possible this summer, and I know it would be good for him. He's not in therapy right now because we only have so many covered visits per year, but he was able to get in the pool over the weekend when he visited his grandparent's and was able to walk without his brace on his right leg because the water assists with weight bearing so much. He was pretty happy and excited about that. So we will definitely get him to the water again soon!
Pork Chops with Mushroom Onion Gravy adapted from JMD on AllRecipes
4 large pork chops
2 tsp dried oregano
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
- Season pork chops lightly with some of the salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet, add chops and brown on both sides (remove, and cook in batches if needed).
- Return all chops to skillet, top with onions, mushrooms, water, cream of mushroom, and oregano. Stir gently, cover and bring to a low simmer.
- Simmer for 30 - 45 minutes, or until ingredients are tender (rotate pork chops occasionally to help prevent the top one from drying out).
- Taste, add additional salt and pepper if needed and serve.