#WeekendsInAFrenchKitchen ~ Skate with Brown Butter and Capers


Welcome to the inaugural post of the Weekends In a French Kitchen group! This is such an exciting project to be a part of - I cannot wait to see how the upcoming recipes taste, explore this amazing cuisine through these books, expand my cooking repertoire and experiences, and expose myself to new and delicious recipes! (Follow the link provided above to learn more about the recipe posting schedule, the two books we'll be cooking through, and how the group was formed - you can also see where in the world those who have joined in are from and maybe even join the group yourself!)




This is probably the first French recipe I have cooked... my choice of international cuisine usually falls to Mexican or Italian, so when I heard about this group I thought it would be a really fantastic opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and experience some gorgeous and delicious new food. After I fixed this recipe (I subbed halibut for skate since that is what I was able to find at my grocery store) I was completely hooked. It was such a simple list of ingredients, the preparation was really very quick and easy and the "wow factor" was BIG with this meal. Gorgeous, elegant, rich, and absolutely delicious. I could not have been any happier with this recipe and I know we will certainly be making it again! Quick enough for a work night and impressive enough for dinner guests.


Per the groups guidelines, the recipe is not posted here, out of respect for the author of the cookbook. However, I highly recommend you look into your own copy of "Cafe Boulud Cookbook" and join in the fun!!


Comments

  1. I subbed halibut as well...too late joining for me to score some skate in land-locked Indiana. :-) It was good with the halibut, all about the sauce in this one for sure. It was good seeing your photos as when I looked at mine I thought I maybe measured the capers wrong as it looked like I had so many (but then I love capers so that was not a bad thing)...it was nice to see mine looked like yours so I must have done it right (a great advantage to cooking groups). Hope you enjoy French cooking...I've done a bit at home here and a lot of Italian as well, but never ventured into Mexican so you are way up on me with that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Rebekah! I didn't have skate either, but subbed in scallops. Glad to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opted for flounder but halibut sounds like a great idea. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! So glad you enjoyed this inaugural journey. We are so happy to have you join us for Weekend in a French Kitchen - exploring the world plate by plate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are cooking with us and that you enjoyed this first weekend! There's lots more to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so perfect for a work night & dinner guests! :) great job, your dish looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts