Crock Pot Carolina Mustard Shredded Beef Sandwiches


Awhile back I was on a "Faceless Frenzy" for AllRecipes and one of the faceless recipes I made was a yummy sweet and tangy Carolina Mustard Sauce. I've had it sitting in my refrigerator allowing the flavors to meld and decided to try to use a few of my sauces and various open condiment containers up. I had a beef roast in the refrigerator as well and so these saucy shredded beef sandwiches were born.


The sauce is very sweet and mildly tangy, so depending on your taste preference you can spice it up a little more with additional tabasco or some Dijon if desired. The sauce is also pretty thin after cooking in the crock pot, so if you want to top with some thicker barbecue sauce when serving if you like that texture go for it! I added some sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce to mine because it's my favoritest.


Sweet Carolina Mustard Sauce from Chef Bo on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups prepared yellow mustard
1 1/8 cups honey
2/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)

Directions
  1. Stir mustard, honey, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce together in a non-reactive bowl; pour into jars and seal tightly.
  2. Refrigerate sauce to let the flavors blend before using, at least 24 hours.

Crock Pot Carolina Mustard Shredded Beef Sandwiches

Ingredients
2 - 3 lb beef roast
1 recipe Sweet Carolina Mustard Sauce
1 - 2 TBS Dijon mustard (optional)
Buns
Pickle slices
Sliced cheese

Directions
  1. Combine beef with Carolina mustard sauce and additional Dijon to taste (I added about a TBS to mine for a little more "bite".)
  2. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until tender enough to shred. Shred meat into juices, and allow meat to soak on low in juices for another 30 minutes before serving on buns. Top with pickles and sliced cheese if desired.
** Add additional barbecue sauce if desired; I added some Sweet Baby Ray's to mine, my son left his as it was.



Comments

Popular Posts