#BloggerCLUE ~ White Bean, Tomato and Basil Salad



Welcome to July reveal day for the the C.L.U.E. Bloggers (CLUE = Cook, Learn, Undertake, Eat).  Blogger C.L.U.E. is a group of like minded food bloggers who get an assignment each month of another member's blog; our mission (should we choose to accept it) is to take the theme for the month and find any recipe on our assigned blog that fits. Make the recipe, photograph the recipe, and share it with you on reveal day! For this month I had the fun task of finding a "Summer BBQ / Grilling" recipe (grilled veggies or meats, main courses or side dishes or desserts or drinks that would be great at a barbecue) from Kathy at Bakeaway With Me. I knew I was going to get along just great with Kathy when I saw her blog banner - "A Balanced Diet is a Cookie In Each Hand". Yes, yes it is!! :)


This was the perfect excuse for me to make a white bean salad dish at home; I love, love, love bean salads but never make them for some reason! I love the combination of dressing ingredients - a little tang, a little sweet and all deliciousness! I really love the pop of flavor and freshness from the basil; definitely my favorite herb to use. Fresh is always best, but I have to say I really love the lightly dried herbs by Gourmet Garden, they stay fresh for up to 4 weeks in your refrigerator and that makes me happy!


This salad makes the perfect side for any barbecue, picnic, potluck or evening with your grill. Heartiness from the beans, freshness from the basil and vegetables; this is a simple dish that comes together quickly and is easy to tweak to your personal preferences by adding or decreasing the quantities of the dressing ingredients. Add cucumber, onion, or even some diced grilled chicken for a one-dish meal! I am super excited to take the leftovers with me for lunch tomorrow! Yumm!


White Bean, Tomato and Basil Salad from Bakeaway with Me

Ingredients
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups of mixed grape tomatoes, halved (I used 1 large ripe tomato, diced)

1 TBS chopped fresh basil (or lightly dried basil from Gourmet Garden) 


Dressing Ingredients
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.  
  2. Combine beans and any desired diced veggies (such as cucumber and tomato) in a resealable container and toss with the dressing. Chill for at least 20 minutes, allowing all the flavors to merge.
See what all the other Clue Bloggers made today!


Comments

  1. I have been going salad crazy since making my Blogger CLUE one last month, Rebekah. This salad is the perfect example of just a few good ingredients becoming much more than just the sum of their parts. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bean salads and this one sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the perfect side dish - but yes, I can totally see turning it into a meal with the addition of some chicken or sausage. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh garden tomatoes are a perfect picnic item and I love them paired with the beans in this salad, especially with the touch of garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good bean salad and with vine ripened tomatoes it would be soooo delicious! I think I'll make this for my mom........she will really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice fresh side dish for a barbecue! I really enjoy a bean salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could eat this bean salad all summer long! It looks marvleous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice for a BBQ! I enjoyed having your blog this month - you had so many tasty recipes to choose from. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebekah, Thanks for the kind words. So glad you enjoyed this wonderful salad…it’s always a hit with my family and guests. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple, yet so flavorful. This is a keeper of a recipe and I have a feeling it will make my table numerous times this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to give this recipe a try! I wish I had the time to look through these recipes last week because I would have loved to bring this to my family reunion picnic over the weekend. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous and would be a perfect lunch with some tuna or shredded chicken

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts