Pepperoni Pizza Toast



Yesterday was pepperoni chicken, today is pepperoni pizza toast! I had a few pieces of pepperoni left after recent uses and decided a quick easy toast version of pizza sounded yummy for an easy dinner for me, snack for my kiddo. Pepperoni is also one of the few meats that Lindsey really likes (which I find odd). When I was fixing this she would run up to me and hold her hand out and say "more" and I would give her one and she'd run back to her playroom. A few minutes later we'd repeat. She probably ate about 4 pieces while I put these together.


I loved how these came out - the use of thin cut sourdough bread made these crispy and was a really nice base for some pizza fixings! Plus they are the perfect size for individual servings and easy to hold in your hand.


My son really liked this easy treat, and though he didn't think he was hungry at first, he changed his mind and ate two of these pretty quickly once they were ready.


Pepperoni Pizza Toast

Ingredients
2 thin slices sourdough bread
10 - 12 pepperoni slices
2 TBS spaghetti / pizza sauce
6 - 8 TBS shredded mozzarella cheese
optional: shredded Parmesan cheese, additional toppings of your choice

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and distribute the sauce over the bread, spread to the edges with a knife or spoon.
  3. Top with pepperoni slices and cheese (add a sprinkling of Parm and / or other toppings if desired).
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until toast is crisped and cheese has melted.

Comments

Popular Posts