The Best Ever Waffles
This was an absolutely DELICIOUS waffle recipe we enjoyed for a tasty weekend breakfast treat recently. The batter cooks up with great flavor and beautifully crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. My son (who complained at first about me trying out yet another "new" recipe on them) ate these up in no time flat and declared them the best!
The Best Ever Waffles By Cooking to Perfection on Food.com
1 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 3/4 cups milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in with the dry ingredient mixture.
- Pour the egg whites into a smaller mixing bowl, and beat them until they are moderately stiff. Set aside.
- Blend the milk and melted butter into the dry ingredient mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold the stiff egg whites into the batter.
- Pour about 1/3 - 1/2 cup (as much as needed) into hot, prepared waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
|Our little Lindsey who is almost 7 months old now! This was taken about 3 weeks ago on an outing to the park. Such a happy girl! :)|