Crispy Hashrbrowns slightly adapted from Hugs and Cookies
4 medium potatoes, peeled
3 TBS oil of your choice for frying (I used olive oil)
salt, pepper, paprika
- Shred potatoes. (I grated by hand, use a food processor or something similar if you have one!)
- Squeeze excess water from the potatoes (you can put the shredded potatoes in a salad spinner or blot / squeeze with paper towels)
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Layer shredded potatoes on the hot oil, spreading evenly and pressing down with the back of a spatula.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste (sprinkle lightly over the top).
- Fry for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown and the potatoes are holding together.
- Once browned, flip the patty over (you can cut in half and flip if easier). Season the other side if desired.
- Fry until golden on the bottom and then serve.
|Lindsey at 6 months 3 weeks with her fuzzy pink bear!|