Turkey Bacon Breakfast Burrito




It's time for Turkey Tuesday again! This was another fantastic recipe from the Butterball collection on AllRecipes.com. It was a hearty, filling breakfast that will stick to your ribs and get you through the morning. The original recipe calls for cilantro, which I omitted because I just don't like the stuff!

I made a few modifications to the instructions (reflected below), but essentially followed the original recipe as written. The seasoned chili beans were an interesting addition. I think perhaps this meant seasoned pinto beans, but I used a can of vegetarian chili that I had in my pantry. I really liked it, although my son said he though the beans tasted a little "weird" in the burrito (although he chose to leave off the sour cream and salsa from his, and I used it with mine - yumm!!)

I think this is a fantastic breakfast meal, and it's easily adjustable to your personal tastes and preferences - add things in, leave things out, make it your own! Absolutely delicious!!

Turkey Bacon Breakfast Burrito adapted from AllRecipes

Ingredients
Cooking spray
8 slices Turkey bacon, cooked and rough chopped
8 large eggs
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
1/2 (16 ounce) can seasoned chili beans, warmed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, diced
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions

  1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray. Meanwhile, scramble eggs thoroughly in a bowl. When skillet is heated, add eggs and cook, pulling cooked portion to the center. Add bacon and shredded cheese and continue cooking until eggs are firm. Remove from heat.
  2. To assemble burritos, evenly portion heated beans down center of each tortilla. Top beans with egg mixture and diced avocado. 
  3. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, and then roll up, burrito-style. Cut diagonally in half (if desired) and serve with salsa and sour cream on the side.
Link Parties
Table for 7



Comments

  1. Looks great Rebekah! We love a good breakfast burrito :) Thanks for sharing at Share your Stuff Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts