Banana Loaf Cake


This is yet another terrific banana bread / cake recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com! I made a double batch and my son in particular is loving this recipe. We had some leftover cream cheese frosting, and he's used that on a couple pieces to make the bread like a piece of cake, ate some plain, and some with a pat of butter. However you want to to enjoy this recipe, it is flexible, moist, flavorful, and delicious!

I fixed these up to use up a bunch of overripe bananas I had frozen - my "bag 'o bananas" was getting pretty full and this looked like a great way to put them to very good use! I'm so glad we tried this one out - it's a terrific recipe! I did add a tsp of cinnamon to my batter, but am not sure if it made any different or not.

Banana Loaf Cake by Sandi on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
3 very ripe bananas

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 5x9 inch loaf pan
  2. Mash bananas well and then cream with the sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Combine, but don't over mix. Pour into loaf pan.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.



Comments

Popular Posts