Banana Muffins II



I was on a baking kick this past weekend, and these muffins made for a wonderful breakfast treat. The texture, flavor, and moistness was just right for us and my son and I particularly enjoyed this recipe. I snagged two of the leftovers to take to work for breakfast today! I will definitely use this recipe again - for muffins or for a loaf of banana bread. It is terrific! I did think it was a little bit sweet - not in a bad way, but if you prefer your banana breads less sweet you could probably cut the sugar just a little bit. I always use very overripe bananas for baking, which adds to the sweetness factor as well.

I finally made a dent in my freezer bag of overripe bananas though - for some reason it was one of my "goals" this weekend! Between these muffins and 2 loaves of banana bread, I'm down to just a couple bananas left in the freezer bag reserved for baked goods. :)

Banana Muffins II by ABI_GODFREY on AllRecipes
Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  2. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl - blend well until mixture is very smooth. Fold in flour mixture gently, and mix until smooth (do not over mix batter). Pour into muffin pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Muffins should spring back when lightly tapped.



Comments

Popular Posts