Ground Beef Casserole



I had some Velveeta in my refrigerator that I wanted to use up as well as a pound of ground beef, so I did a quick search on Pinterest for ground beef casseroles and this one was perfect! It used ingredients I had available, and included the two key ingredients I was trying to use up. It ended up being very tasty, filling, and went over well with the boys! My son really enjoyed this one (he liked the little bursts of crunchy corn mixed in), and Kenneth said it wasn't what he expected and was really good! I get accused of experimenting on the boys every now and then, and when Kenneth asked what was for dinner I believe those words were ushered again, but he took them back after dinner was served! I loved how this was chock full of veggies and an all-in-one meal. We enjoyed this with some yummy garlic Texas toast and I probably ate way too much, but it was very tasty and a comforting way to end the day.

I added garlic powder and mushrooms to the base recipe and enjoyed those additions, you can add or omit as well - it's a good base dish that you can tweak in terms of seasonings and add-ins to your family's preferences.

Ground Beef Casserole adapted from Just A Pinch

Ingredients
1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 med bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
4-6 large fresh mushrooms, rough chopped (optional)
4 1/2 cups egg noodles, cooked per package instructions
4-oz Velveeta cheese, diced into small chunks
1 can 15-oz whole kernel corn, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder (if desired)

Directions
  1. In a large non-stick skillet cook ground beef, green pepper, onion, and mushrooms until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender (about 15 minutes); drain. 
  2. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients - taste test and adjust seasonings as needed. Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Link Parties
Share Your Stuff Tuesdays
Marvelous Mondays


Comments

Popular Posts