I served these up with a crisp dill pickle slice and added some ketchup to mine and thought they were fantastic!! I used Hebrew National brand hot dogs, which are a good length, and really enjoyed this dinner. Both of my boys enjoyed this dinner as well and this is perfect for grilling season! We served these up with some baked onion rings and fresh corn on the cob for a complete, summery meal. Delicious!
Cheesy Bacon Ultimate Dogs by sandra_92083 on AllRecipes
2-oz cheddar cheese, sliced into about 8 matchsticks
4 hot dogs
1 tsp yellow mustard
4 long bacon strips (thick cut is best)
4 hot dog buns
1 large whole dill pickle (5 inches), sliced into 8 long strips
Additional toppings as desired: relish, additional mustard, BBQ sauce, ketchup, etc.
- Slice hot dogs lengthwise, without cutting all the way through the bottoms.
- Smear 1/2 tsp of mustard inside each, then add in 2 of the cheddar cheese matchsticks, side by side.
- Using a toothpick, secure one end of the bacon to one end of the hot dog, and then wrap the bacon strip tightly around the entire hot dog, securing the far end with another toothpick. Repeat for remaining hot dogs.
- Grill uncovered for about 8-10 minutes total (4-5 minutes per side), rotating as needed, over medium to medium-high heat or until hot dog is heated and bacon is cooked all the way through.
- Place cooked hot dog on a bun, add 1-2 pickle slices and additional toppings if desired. Serve and enjoy.
Tuesday Talent Show
All My Bloggy Friends