Meal Planning Week of 10/23

A few being recycled from last week that I didn't get around to making (since we ended up with more leftovers, as usual, but I still forget to plan them in correctly!) and a few "taste bud" changes when something just sounded better than what was on the list! Overall though this past week went pretty well, I tracked my food intake most days as best I could and am getting my 100 grams (or more) of protein in a day and doing well with getting enough fluids and eating fairly balanced overall. A little pre-planning does make a huge difference and the biggest thing I need to work on is making the effort EVERY evening to prepare my work breakfasts and lunches. One morning the puppies woke me up about an hour earlier than I usually get up but it ended up being a good thing, I was able to make myself a real breakfast (scrambled cheesy eggs, bacon and a whole grain english muffin with jam - yumm!) and pack up my lunch before showering and getting ready for work. Other days I was good and prepped at night, other days I just threw whatever in my bag the morning of and a couple times I ate out. Progress, not perfection! :)

So the game plan for this week is:

Sunday, October 23rd
Breakfast: Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, Fruit Salad, milk
Lunch: LEFTOVERS
Dinner: Pot Roast, Potatoes, Carrots, Onion
Snacks: Pudding Cup, Cottage Cheese

Monday, October 24th
Breakfast: 1 med ripe banana, 2 TBS peanut butter; in a whole-wheat tortilla, yogurt
Lunch: BLT sandwich on whole wheat, apple
Dinner: Beef Enchiladas, Corn
Snacks: ½ turkey sandwich, 1 cup milk

Tuesday, October 25th
Breakfast: Orange, Cream of Wheat, 1 cup milk
Lunch: Peanut butter and banana sandwich, Baby carrots w/ ranch, Granola Bar
Dinner: Martha Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Snacks: Cucumber and Celery Slices w/ hummus, 1 cup milk

Wednesday, October 26th
Breakfast: 1 small banana and 1 cup milk, 1 TBS peanut butter, 2 Eggo Waffles
Lunch: Turkey, avocado and bacon sandwich, Apple
Dinner: Shepherd’s Pie, Hawaiian Honey Wheat Rolls, Garden Salad
Snacks: Cheese & Crackers, 1 cup cottage cheese

Thursday, October 27th
Breakfast: 2 cups cereal, 1 cup milk, 1 banana
Lunch: Baked potato w/ bacon, cheese & sour cream, 1 small apple, 1 granola bar
Dinner: LEFTOVERS
Snacks: Yogurt, orange

Friday, October 28th
Breakfast: Bagel with cream cheese and 2 scrambled eggs, Yogurt, Banana
Lunch: 1 cup tomato soup & 5 Ritz crackers, Grilled Cheese sandwich, 1 cup milk
Dinner: LEFTOVERS
Snacks: 1 cup baby carrots and 2 TBS hummus, 1 cup cottage cheese

Saturday, October 29th
Breakfast: Brainless Banana Pancakes
Lunch: LEFTOVERS
Dinner: Tuna & Noodles with Peas
Snacks: Cheese & Crackers

Baking this week: Oat-Rageous Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comments

Popular Posts