Our Pregnancy: 16 Weeks!

Another week has arrived! It's been a pretty good week so far, feeling pretty good most of the time - energy levels are pretty steady and I'm sleeping ok most of the time. I usually wake up once or twice but don't have too much of an issue going right back to sleep most of the time. My belly is still rounding out slowly and getting firmer. I am up about half a pound from last week, so about 10 1/2 total since conception. I don't feel as hungry as I'm used to the past few days, and haven't been snacking as much. Meals seem to tide me over until the next meal most of the time, with an ocassional granola bar or fruit in between.

We had the BEST dinner last night! I had found a "double decker kit" at the grocery store for tacos and we fixed some ground beef with diced onion and mushrooms along with the seasoning packet, made some cheesy refried beans and then took the soft taco shell, smeared some nacho cheese sauce on it, wrapped it around a crunchy shell and filled it up with beans, meat, shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes and I was one happy camper! I can't wait for leftovers tomorrow but promised Kent breakfast for dinner tonight - so waffles, scrambled eggs and maple sausage links it is!

This week, according to babycenter:

How Jenn and Chad's babies are growing:


Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


I love having my doppler at home, to be able to "peek" in on the babies every so often - I heard both of their heartbeats quickly, easily and very strong on Sunday night and that put a big smile on my face to head to bed with! Counting down to Friday for our ultrasound! Can't wait to see Jenn and the babies!

As for me, this is how I look this week (I think about the same as last week):

This is 16 weeks last (singleton) pregnancy!!

Comments

Popular Posts