A nice night out

It feels weird to do "normal" things and have fun, but I am starting to have days where things feel mostly ok. On Saturday Vicki was sweet enough to join me for an afternoon and evening out. She invited me to join her at the Rockettes for an early afternoon performance and then at 6:00pm we went to my company party. I had a really nice evening and enjoyed the Awards presentation and the dancing a lot! It was nice to just try to relax and have a good time for a few hours. It was really great to spend some time with Vicki too - we haven't had the chance to hang out in awhile.

I have had a huge "to-do" list of items to catch up and I'm slowly starting to cross things off and feel a little more in control again. Though I still feel really behind. I hope by Wednesday this week I will be caught back up at work too.

We went and saw New Moon today - Kent wasn't excited about going but he actually enjoyed it. There was a lot of action and he liked the werewolves. I baked some banana muffins and we got the tree up this evening! I still have to find the rest of the ornaments, but the lights are on it and its sparkling in the window and I played some Christmas music to help get in the mood. Maybe tomorrow evening I can finish up enough of the decorations to put the big rubbermaids away and reclaim the living room.

Everywhere I look I am reminded of my mom. One of our "things" that we shared was a love for snowmen decorations and Christmas in general. Mom played Christmas music for months before and after Christmas, and that is something I have always done as well. As I've been unwrapping all my little snowmen and placing them around the house I feel a squeeze around my heart with each one and know that forever this time of year is going to really put her in the forefront of my thoughts.

Ok, off to put a few more things up and then hopefully get a good night sleep.

Comments

  1. Hugs to you during the holiday season. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts