Fire!

I am having childhood flashbacks to burn barrel days when my brother and I would walk our paper trash out to the big ol burned out rusty barrel somewhere in the yard and burn baby burn!! I have been going through and purging old records and shredding all the old account statements and my shredder keeps overheating on me after about 20 statements run through so tonight as I was looking at the ridiculously huge stack of paper that needed to be destroyed my little portable fire pit crossed my mind! I am a genious! I brought it out to the backyard took my stack of paper and lit it up. It's not a big fire pit so I only felt comfortable burning about half the pile, but it still made a good dent and it was fun and the fire felt really nice with how cold it is right now! I felt a little like a crazy person, but that's ok - crazy is good sometimes!

It not only feels good to clean out old files and get things in better order, it was fun to feel like a kid again playing (carefully) around the burn barrel tonight! :) And I have to admit, I really love the smoky smell that's on my sweater now - brings back so many great campfire memories.

Comments

Popular Posts