Croque Monsieur #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
- Keto 2-Minute Protein Bread & A Ham Sandwich from Sneha's Recipe
- Peameal Ham and Egg Breakfast Sandwich from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Ham Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Ham, Cheese and Tomato Sandwich from Palatable Pastime
- Ham & Pickle Sandwich from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Croque Monsieur from Making Miracles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lay out the bottom slices of bread on the tray. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. When melted, whisk the flour into the butter and make a roux. Cook, whisking occasionally, for about a minute to cook the flour. Whisk the milk into the mixture until a thickened sauce has formed. Add in the dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat.
- Spread each of the bottom slices of bread generously with the thick sauce. Divide the ham over the sauce layer. Divide the gruyere and parmesan cheese in half. Distribute half of the cheese over the ham layer.
- Top with the final slices of bread. Smear the top of the bread slices with the remaining bechamel sauce. Divide the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven 6-10 minutes, until cheese is well melted (it may take longer to fully melt the cheese in the middle, it's up to you if you continue baking it or allow some of the cheese to remain unmelted).
- Increase temperature to broil. Broil 2-3 minutes until the tops of the sandwiches are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve!