Honey BBQ Chicken Tacos #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join - we'd love to have you!
DID YOU KNOW. Monday October 4th is National Taco Day!! What better reason to join our host, Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm in making and sharing some DELICIOUS taco recipes!
This recipe is shredded BBQ chicken sandwich meets taco - it is the best of both and a fun way to change up your taco routine! I suppose you could also call it a "wrap", but I'm calling it a taco...!
The filling is really tasty - you can use really any flavor of bbq you like best, but the honey bbq adds a nice sweet / spicy combination with the salsa mixed in, and lends itself to going really nicely with a fruity salsa on top for a little extra heat or flavor.
Get inspired! See all of our Taco-Sunday recipes:
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories: Ancho Chili Chicken Tacos
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Breakfast Tacos
- Making Miracles: Honey BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Palatable Pastime: Shredded Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Grilled Tacos
- Food Lust People Love: Southwestern Chicken Tacos
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla: Spiced Smashed Potato Tacos with Homemade Purple Corn Tortillas
- Sneha’s Recipe: Tofu Tikka Tacos
Honey BBQ Chicken Tacos
4 large chicken thighs (bone in, skin-on is fine)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 18-oz bottle Honey BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-oz can corn, drained
1/2 cup salsa
Shredded cheddar cheese, or cotija cheese
Fruity mango or apple salsa
- Combine chicken and broth in a slow cooker; cook on high for about 4 hours until chicken is easily shredded.
- Remove chicken from crockpot, and turn off heat. Set chicken aside on a plate or cutting board until it's cool enough to handle.
- Discard the skin and bones, shred the meat and return the meat to the crock pot. Turn heat to low.
- Add in the bbq sauce, corn, and black beans.
- Cook until well heated through - about another hour.
- Stir in the salsa. Taste, and adjust bbq / salsa if needed.
- Serve the bbq chicken filling in tortillas, topped with your preferred cheese and toppings such as shredded lettuce and diced tomato. Top with a fruity salsa like mango or apple salsa if desired!
Recipe adapted from The Cookie Rookie