Creamy Garlic Butter Salmon for #FishFridayFoodies
Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies? We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month. To join our group please email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.
This month our host is Sue from Palatable Pastime! Sue invited us to "Salmonchanted Evening" - she said: "Share a romantic salmon recipe for two with the Fish Friday Foodies group."
- Chili Glazed Salmon from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Creamy Garlic Butter Salmon from Making Miracles
- Salmon Burgers With Cocktail Sauce from Sneha’s Recipe
- Salmon with Lemon Caper Butter from Palatable Pastime
- Savory Craquelin Roast Salmon from Food Lust People Love
- Smoked Salmon Pasta from A Day in the Life on the Farm
So, as you can probably tell, my sauce broke. I over simmered it before whisking in the cream ingredients because I was doing too many things at once. Don't be like me. However, don't let that deter you from giving this a try either! If you love salmon and love garlicky, creamy, parmesan cheesy sauces this is a simple, delicious combination of the two! Serve this with your favorite veggies and you'll have a simple, romantic, tasty meal in no time.
This was delicious alongside some fresh steamed broccoli!
Creamy Garlic Butter Salmon
2 4 or 5-oz salmon fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper
3 TBS butter, divided use
1 TBS olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 - 2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil with 1 TBS butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When butter is melted, add in the seasoned salmon fillets, skin side down and cook about 5 minutes until skin is crispy and salmon is mostly cooked through. Flip gently and cook another couple minutes, until salmon is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to the skillet until mostly melted, and stir in the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30-60 seconds). Whisk in the wine and allow it to simmer and reduce. Whisk in the lemon juice, heavy cream or half and half, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese. Whisk to blend. Simmer until slightly thickened. Turn off heat. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder (optional) to taste.
- Serve sauce spooned over salmon and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Cafe Delites