Blackberry Virgin Mojito #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join - we'd love to have you!
This month we were invited to share some summer mocktails with you! Check out the line up below:
- Amaretto Sour Mocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Baby Yoda Soda from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Blackberry Virgin Mojito by Making Miracles
- Color-Changing Nam Dok Anchan (Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita Mocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Non Alcoholic Spiced Sangria by Sneha's Recipe
- Virgin Margarita from Palatable Pastime
The mint syrup definitely "makes" this drink - and I absolutely loved these! They were light, refreshing. easy to mix up and you could definitely have the components prepared ahead of time and just mix as you're ready to serve and enjoy. For anyone who prefers a nonalcoholic beverage - this one is really fun and special (and I won't tell if you add a little something to yours before enjoying)!
Blackberry Virgin Mojito
FOR MINT SYRUP
1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 cup blackberries
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1/2 cup lime juice
Seltzer / Sparkling mineral water
- Combine the mint syrup ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Simmer at least 3 minutes, pressing on the mint to break it up and stirring occasionally until the sugar is fully incorporated and the syrup is clear (it will take on a greenish tint from the mint).
- Set aside to cool while you prepare the drinks, and strain out the solids when ready to use.
- To prepare the drinks - combine the blackberries with the 1 tsp of sugar in a bowl and mash gently until blackberries are broken down and blended with the sugar.
- Divide blackberry mixture between 4 glasses, add 2 TBS of the mint syrup and 2 TBS of the lime juice to each cup. Add ice to the glasses and then add seltzer / sparkling mineral water to taste!
Recipe adapted from Delish