#MulticookerMonday ~ Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms
Welcome to our inaugural Multicooker Monday posting! Join us once a month for inspiration and ideas for getting the most out of your crock pot, instant pot, etc. We all love ours in this group, and want to help you love yours too! I have been obsessed with my crock pot for many years - being able to set and forget a meal before work, turn bones into broth over night, having a roast ready to enjoy after a long day out - it's magic. And I've recently discovered Instant Pot - having just picked one up on Black Friday this past year and can now say I'm obsessed with it too.
This delicious, tender chicken recipe is one of the many tasty meals we've experienced from the Instant Pot in the past few months. The sauce is creamy and so full of mushroom flavor, and the meat is perfectly moist, and fall off the bone tender! Give this one a try soon!
This makes a lovely dinner; serve alongside your favorite vegetables and over some rice or mashed potatoes and dinner will be done in no time! I cheated and made a carrot / mashed potato hybrid so my side dish was all in one.
Recipes for Instant Pots, Slow Cookers, and More!
January 2020: Blogger's Favorite Recipes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms from Making Miracles
- Instant Pot Spaghetti from Palatable Pastime
- Quick Corn Chowder - Instant Pot from Food Lust People Love
Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms adapted from The Salty Marshmallow
2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
1/3 cup flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2-3 TBS olive oil
1 lb mushrooms sliced
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
If needed: cornstarch / water slurry to thicken
Serving suggestion: Serve with mashed potatoes or rice, alongside your favorite veggie or green salad.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl (or I prefer a pie plate). Mix to combine. Dredge chicken fully on all sides in the flour mixture and set aside.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute, and add about 2 TBS of oil. When hot, place the chicken in and brown evenly on one side, then flip and brown on the other side (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken, and add in the mushrooms (add additional oil at this point, if needed). Saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place the chicken on top of the mushrooms, and add in the broth.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set to seal, and turn settings to Pressure Cooker, for 12 minutes.
- When the cooking has completed, release the steam.
- Remove the chicken to a clean platter, and add the heavy cream into the pot. Turn the setting to saute to bring mixture to a boil. Allow to simmer for a few minutes to thicken. If the mixture does not thicken enough, combine about 2 TBS of cornstarch with 2 TBS of water and mix until smooth; add a little bit of this mixture at a time to your bubbling sauce until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed - serve gravy over chicken.