#FoodieExtravaganza ~ Pizza Nachos
Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Our lovely hostess is Stacy from Food Lust People Love.
November 6 is National Nachos Day so here we are sharing some delicious Nacho varieties with you! We had some leftover pepperoni and salami from a recent snack platter and I was trying to decide what to do with them - when I thought of Pizza Nachos and it was an excellent idea! I loved the combination of cheeses and ingredients with a light dusting of seasonings to really bring out the "pizza" flavor. These were really tasty and so easy to tweak to your favorite toppings. The mushrooms worked really well on these.
Check out all the tasty Nacho recipes being shared today!
- Beef Fajita Nachos Compuestos from Food Lust People Love
- Beer Brat Nachos from Palatable Pastime
- Breakfast Nachos from Tara's Multicultural Table
- Chorizo Nachos from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Garam Masala Lamb Naan-chos from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Deep Fried Nachos With Cheese Sauce from Sneha's Recipe
- Leftover Turkey Nachos with Cranberry Salsa from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pizza Nachos from Making Miracles
Pizza Nachos adapted from Tasty
12 oz tortilla chips
1 cup marinara sauce
1 1/2 - 2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
Appx 1 1/2 cups meat (I used sliced salami and pepperoni)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 - 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread chips over a large baking sheet and drizzle marinara over the top.
- Sprinkle the meat(s) and mushrooms (and / or your preferred toppings!)
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and garlic powder over top, followed by the Parmesan.
- Top with grated mozzarella (I used a pizza blend with a little cheddar cheese).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve hot!
My favorite pizza has super thin, crunchy crust. Why have I never thought to use tortilla chips?! Can't get thinner or crunchier that those as a base. Brilliant, Rebekah!ReplyDelete
Best of both worlds right there Rebekah. Great idea.ReplyDelete
Yum! I bet this would be a huge hit with my kids.ReplyDelete
I came so close to making something like this! I love it!! I will be making this soon.ReplyDelete
This pizza nachos dish looks amazing and tempting!ReplyDelete