#FoodieExtravaganza ~ Pumpkin Oatmeal
Foodie Extravaganza is where bloggers come together and celebrate food holidays. Did you know there is at least one food assigned to each day of the year to celebrate that food? Posting day is always the first Wednesday of the month. If you are a blogger and you're interested in joining in the fun, visit us at our Facebook Foodie Extravaganza page. You can also visit our past party submissions on our Pinterest Foodie Extravaganza board. We hope you will enjoy the recipes we are sharing this month.
January is National Oatmeal Month and we were invited to make a sweet or savory recipe - anything featuring oats!
See what everyone is sharing today!
- Apple Banana Smoothie from Caroline's Cooking
- Coconut & Banana Oat Pancakes from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite aWhiskered Accomplice
- Irish Oatmeal Brulee from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Oatmeal Crusted Chicken Strips from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Oats & Split Green Moong Chillas/Pancakes from Sneha's Recipe
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Oatmeal from Making Miracles
- Quick Cook Cheesy Bacon Oatmeal from Food Lust People Love
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer about 10 minutes until oatmeal begins to thicken. If the mixture is too loose, add 2-4 more TBS of oats, if it's too thick, add a little additional water or milk.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.