Stand Mixer Pie Crust


As promised, here is the superbly simple, delicious, easy Stand Mixer pie crust recipe which I used for all my Thanksgiving pies this year. I am thrilled to have found this recipe! As many pies as I have made - I never really know if my dough is going to cooperate. I'm thrilled to say I made 2 batches of this recipe for this pie along with a slab apple blackberry pie and both turned out very well.

This will be my go to recipe for pie crust going forward - I couldn't believe how easy it was to throw everything in the stand mixer and let it do the work - and it still came out perfectly tender, exactly the right consistency, flaky and buttery. You just can't beat that!


Stand Mixer Pie Crust adapted from Eating From the Ground Up
Makes enough for a double crust pie

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
8 ounces cold butter
1/3 cup water
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. Combine the cold butter (cut into 1/2" pieces) with the flour in the stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment on "stir" speed and combine until well combined and mixture looks crumbly.
  2. Add in the salt, water, and apple cider vinegar. Blend on low until dough just comes together. 
  3. On a lightly floured surface turn dough out and separate into two discs. 
  4. Roll out (using a lightly floured rolling pin) and use as desired.



Comments

Popular Posts