Easy Shrimp Alfredo
This was a super quick and delicious dinner we enjoyed the other night! I love how fast seafood dishes are - they always feel special, but are easy enough for a work night and you can't beat that!
We served up this creamy pasta dish with a big helping of steamed broccoli (to at least pretend to balance out all that delicious butter, cream, and cheese)! It was a delicious meal and one that I will absolutely make again.
We've been having a cold snap here in Georgia - and it makes me want to hibernate when I'm seeing 20 and 30 degree weather. Hide away and not come out until spring. But since I can't do that, I'll settle for a cozy plate of creamy pasta and force myself to go out and brave my frost covered car windows in the morning after all. Sigh.
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup 2% milk
1 stick (1/2 cup or 8 TBS) butter, divided
3/4 - 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined (thawed if from frozen)
1 1/2 cups freshly grated / shredded Parmigiano cheese
Salt and pepper
- Start a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, add in the fettuccine noodles, stirring regularly to prevent them from sticking or clumping.
- Lay out the shrimp on a paper towel lined plate, and dry thoroughly, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 TBS of butter over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet. When butter has melted, add in the shrimp in a single layer. Allow to cook a minute or two on the first side, until pink and cooked through, flip over and cook on the other side until fully cooked through. Remove shrimp to a clean bowl or plate, and set aside.
- Add in the remaining butter to the skillet, stirring occasionally while it melts. When mostly melted, add in the cream and milk. Whisk to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer and simmer on low for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese.
- When pasta has cooked drain the water and add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce, along with the shrimp. Toss gently to evenly coat and combine. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately.