#BundtBakers ~ Honeyed Apple Bundt Cake
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
This wonderful group is administered by Stacy of Food Lust People Love. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
I did a quick check - my first post with #BundtBakers was October 2014... it's been nearly 5 years! That's crazy! Time flies!! That was also probably my least favorite cake, I learned a lot making it though. The icing didn't come out right and I discovered I did not like frosting my bundts because it takes away from how pretty they are all on their own! Plus I'm not a huge "sweet" cake person - I love the flavors in a well made cake all by itself without a lot of "extra" on top.
So this month was honey! September is National Honey Month, so it was very fitting that we find some tasty cakes that are sweetened by honey to share with you today.
This cake came out wonderfully. It is perfectly tender and moist thanks to all that grated apple (which we picked at my favorite apple orchard up in Ellijay, GA just a couple days before I made the cake)! You can taste flavor of honey as well - it is just a lovely cake. This works really well for a brunch / breakfast cake alongside your tea or coffee, or serve warm with a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a wonderful dessert (not that it needs the ice cream - it's perfect on its own!)
Come see all the other beautiful honeyed bundts we're sharing today:
- Honey Apple Dessert Bundt from Sneha's Recipe
- Honey Babka from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Honey Elderflower and Marmalade Bundt Cake from Nunca es demasiado dulce
- Honeyed Apple Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Lemon Honey Olive Oil Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Pear Honey Rosemary Bundt Cake from All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Sweet Honey Cornbread Bundt Cake from Patty's Cake
Honeyed Apple Bundt Cake adapted from JAYDA on AllRecipes
1 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 medium apples - peeled, cored and shredded
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar and vegetable oil and blend. Add in the honey, eggs, and vanilla extract and blend again (scraping down the sides if needed).
- Add in the baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Blend completely. On low speed, add in the flour a little at a time until mostly (but not completely) blended in.
- Remove bowl from stand, add in the apples and finish blending both the flour and apples by hand with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes; begin checking at 50 minutes to see if the cake is cooked through (use a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake to check for doneness).
- Allow to cool about 20 minutes on a cooling rack before inverting onto the rack or a plate to finish cooling.
- You can dust with cinnamon powdered sugar or a cream cheese glaze as a suggestion (but I do not think it needed anything extra!)