#MuffinMonday ~ Lemon Crumb Muffins
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page
These muffins are total keepers!! The texture is so fantastic - very moist, just the right amount of lemon flavor to make them bright and fresh. The streusel topping is a really nice texture contrast and adds a little richness with the brown sugar. These are really delicious - they got a big thumbs up from my sister and my teenager. The baby declined to taste test (shockingly). I hope you give them a try and enjoy them as much as we did! I think one would go really well with a cup of tea for a lovely start to the day, or a relaxing way to end it.
- Buttersquash Muffins by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Graham Cracker Muffins with Carrots and Raisins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Crumb Muffins by Making Miracles
- Strawberry Orange Muffins by A Day in the Life in the Farm
Lemon Crumb Muffins adapted from Baked by Rachel
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
2 TBS lemon juice
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 TBS granulated sugar
2 TBS light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 9 cups of a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until creamy. Add in the egg, mix until well combined. Add in vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sour cream. Allow to combine.
- On low speed, add in the salt, baking powder, all purpose flour until batter is just combined.
- Divide batter between the 9 prepared muffin cups.
- To prepare the streusel - melt butter in a medium sized bowl. Blend in the flour, and both sugars with a fork until combined. Use your fingers to break up the streusal into chunks and spread generously over the muffin batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool on a rack for 10 - 20 minutes, before removing from the tin to complete cooling.