#FillTheCookieJar ~ Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Welcome to the Fill the Cookie Jar blogger group - today we're bringing you a bunch of DELICIOUS cookie recipes, just in time for your Easter planning. The theme this month was Easter or Spring. There are a lot of ways you could take that theme - but you know what I went with? Well I guess you've already seen I went with PB & Chocolate! Easter in my house means candy, and that candy had better include at least 2 - 3 varieties of Reese's something or other - so I went with those flavors and opted for this incredibly yummy cookie (even if it doesn't seem very "springy") - so there you have it!
Road Trips = Cookies!! Well, they do in my house. Which is what this batch of yummy goodness was intended for over this past weekend for a quick Virginia road trip with my handsome partner in crime.
We went through South and North Carolina to get to Virginia and it was almost a 10 hour drive with stops. It was a long day. But a lovely drive and for the most part we had good weather. There was construction in a few places, so we were re-routed a couple times, but overall I think we made decent time. R introduced me to S-Town which was strange and addictive, and amazingly is all true. It was a quick trip with lots of food, guys hanging out and playing games, movie time, and lots of snuggles with his friend's big beautiful husky.
And these cookies only lasted a couple days. They are seriously delicious. The perfect texture - so wonderfully chewy, and absolutely the perfect blend of peanut butter and chocolate. There is nothing I would change about these, and I will absolutely be making another batch soon! They were so good. They held up well to the drive too - which is important in a traveling cookie!
See all the amazing cookies to fill your cookie jars up we're sharing this month:
- Blueberry/Lemon Macaroons by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Carrot Oatmeal Cookies by Join Us Pull Up A Chair
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies by Making Miracles
- Chocolate Chip Bunny Cookie Pops by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Honeybee Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Koulourakia: Greek Easter Cookies by That Recipe
- Lemon Butter Cookies by Marlys This and That
- Loaded Oreo M&M Cookie Bars by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- No Bake Bird's Nest Cookies by Making Memories with your Kids
- Spring Garden Malted Milk Blondies by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Kathy Bliesner on AllRecipes
Ingredients1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. (Note: I added about another 1/3 cup of flour at this point as my batter seemed pretty wet still, and I wasn't sure if the cookies would hold shape - if your batter seems really wet adjust the flour a little as needed.)
- Fold in chocolate chunks. Create large walnut sized balls by hand and place about 2-3 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with silpats (or other baking mats).
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.