#FillTheCookieJar ~ Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


Welcome to the Fill the Cookie Jar blogger group - today we're bringing you a bunch of DELICIOUS cookie recipes, just in time for your Easter planning. The theme this month was Easter or Spring. There are a lot of ways you could take that theme - but you know what I went with? Well I guess you've already seen I went with PB & Chocolate! Easter in my house means candy, and that candy had better include at least 2 - 3 varieties of Reese's something or other - so I went with those flavors and opted for this incredibly yummy cookie (even if it doesn't seem very "springy") - so there you have it!


Road Trips = Cookies!! Well, they do in my house. Which is what this batch of yummy goodness was intended for over this past weekend for a quick Virginia road trip with my handsome partner in crime.


We went through South and North Carolina to get to Virginia and it was almost a 10 hour drive with stops. It was a long day. But a lovely drive and for the most part we had good weather. There was construction in a few places, so we were re-routed a couple times, but overall I think we made decent time. R introduced me to S-Town which was strange and addictive, and amazingly is all true. It was a quick trip with lots of food, guys hanging out and playing games, movie time, and lots of snuggles with his friend's big beautiful husky.


And these cookies only lasted a couple days. They are seriously delicious. The perfect texture - so wonderfully chewy, and absolutely the perfect blend of peanut butter and chocolate. There is nothing I would change about these, and I will absolutely be making another batch soon! They were so good. They held up well to the drive too - which is important in a traveling cookie!

See all the amazing cookies to fill your cookie jars up we're sharing this month:

Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. (Note: I added about another 1/3 cup of flour at this point as my batter seemed pretty wet still, and I wasn't sure if the cookies would hold shape - if your batter seems really wet adjust the flour a little as needed.)
  3. Fold in chocolate chunks. Create large walnut sized balls by hand and place about 2-3 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with silpats (or other baking mats).
  4. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.


Comments

  1. You have more willpower than I do, Rebekah. These cookies would have been gone asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I may have had them for breakfast like two days in a row... so no willpower over here. :D

      Delete
  2. So glad that life is going so well for you. These cookies sound like a wonderful addition to a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say chewy AND peanut butter? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so tasty. Chocolate and PB are the perfect combination for Easter cookies. Your road trip looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorites! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at chocolate and peanut butter.. I am swooning! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts