Bacon, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Tacos
I love having breakfast tacos / burritos for breakfast - they are quick and easy and this recipe is no different. Easy to tweak to your personal tastes and preferences - change up the toppings however you like! We served ours with just a splash of salsa, but I would have liked some fresh tomatoes on there as well.
This is a super easy, filling, and tasty way to start the day! Kent and I enjoyed these over the weekend and I really liked the addition of the hash browns to the filling to make it just that much more "stick to your ribs". Enjoy!
Bacon, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Tacos adapted from Cookin' Mimi
2 large slices bacon
1/2 cups southern style hash browns
salt and pepper to taste
1 TBS water
2 large whole wheat tortillas
2 TBS shredded cheddar cheese
Desired toppings: salsa, sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, etc.
- Cook bacon to desired crispiness, lay on paper towels and set aside.
- Cook hash browns according to package directions. Season lightly with salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray. When heated, pour in the eggs and scramble until just done.
- Lay a tortilla on a plate and sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese over the top. Microwave for about 20 seconds until warm and the cheese is partially melted.
- Divide the eggs, bacon and potatoes between the tortillas.
- Add desired toppings, fold and serve.