Secret Recipe Club: Candy Popcorn



It's post number two for me for Secret Recipe Club's reveal day! I am really glad I saw the post saying there were some orphans from last week's Group C reveal, because I wouldn't have had the chance to visit Amy's blog A Couple In the Kitchen "the couple that sautés together, stays together" otherwise! I had such a great time browsing through all the delicious and fantastic recipes at this blog - SO many to choose from! Take a peak at this Brie Stuffed French Toast, or this Early Apple Crumbly Pie - yummy!! You will certainly find something for your taste buds to enjoy at A Couple In the Kitchen.

Although from the pictures above it probably looks like I made a big batch of cheesy popcorn, what I actually made was orange flavored candied popcorn! It was strangely addictive! My son and I kept "taste testing" trying to figure out what it really tasted like, and then trying to figure out why we couldn't stop taste testing (I think I really liked the crunchy, candied texture)! The orange flavor was a little weird, and yet really good. You can use whatever flavor of Jello gelatin you want - I used orange because it's what sounded best of the gelatin packets I had in the pantry - but I think cherry, strawberry, lime, or grape would be pretty fantastic next time! This orange popcorn would be great for Halloween, and lime would be awesome for St. Patrick's Day - anything red would be fun for Valentine's Day coming up! :) This is very versatile, fun for a special occasion, easy to make, fun to do with your kiddos, and super tasty too! What more can you ask for in a recipe?!

Candy Popcorn slightly adapted from A Couple In The Kitchen

Ingredients
1/3 cup margarine
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 3-ounce package flavored gelatin mix
9 cups popped popcorn

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
  2. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
  3. Combine honey and margarine in a microwave safe bowl and cook for about 1 minute on high, or until it's melted completely. 
  4. Immediately stir in the sugar and flavored gelatin powder. Return to the microwave, and cook on high until the mixture begins to boil, gets foamy and approximately doubles in size, (or about 2 minutes). 
  5. Pour gelatin mixture over popcorn and quickly stir to coat. 
  6. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and pour the coated popcorn onto the sheet, spreading as evenly as possible. 
  7. Bake at 250 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes (it will be very sticky during the baking process). Allow to cool and harden, and then store in an airtight container.


Comments

  1. Oh, this sounds SO wonderful! I love popcorn of all kinds (in fact, I ate some kettle corn just a few minutes ago) so I know I'd love this. Great pick for the SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popcorn sounds delicious! Your recipe turned out beautiful...happy SRC Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This popcorn sounds delicious!! Great pick for SRC~ Would be great to munch on during the Super Bowl Game~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I would never think to make this at home, but it seems pretty easy... I love that you can make all kinds of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the comments - it is definitely very easy to make and would make a GREAT game day snack (you could probably find a team-appropriate color too for whoever you're rooting for)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed, and thanks so much for "adopting" us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A different recipe for sure, with the package of gelatin, but it looks so interesting! Perfect snack food

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that you managed to save some popcorn for the picture!

    sounds indeed pretty addictive to me, that dangerous type of food that begs for some mindless eating ;-)

    Hope you are enjoying a nice Reveal Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a candy popcorn for the holidays, but this one sounds much tastier than that!! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love candy popcorn! It's one of the things I've never been able to resist from the times I ate Cracker Jacks as a kid :-) Great SRC pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so interesting! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking about making fun popcorn for my Super Bowl party. This looks great. Nice pick for the SRC reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This popcorn looks perfect. So addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a fun recipe to make with my daughter. Thank you so much for adopting our orphan, members like you are what make me love running the club so much. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this sounds really really good! I love popcorn! Visiting from Group D

    ReplyDelete
  16. My kids would love this! They were looking over my shoulder and telling me to make this right away! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts