It's post number two for me for Secret Recipe Club's reveal day! I am really glad I saw the post saying there were some orphans from last week's Group C reveal, because I wouldn't have had the chance to visit Amy's blog A Couple In the Kitchen "the couple that sautés together, stays together" otherwise! I had such a great time browsing through all the delicious and fantastic recipes at this blog - SO many to choose from! Take a peak at this Brie Stuffed French Toast, or this Early Apple Crumbly Pie - yummy!! You will certainly find something for your taste buds to enjoy at A Couple In the Kitchen.
Although from the pictures above it probably looks like I made a big batch of cheesy popcorn, what I actually made was orange flavored candied popcorn! It was strangely addictive! My son and I kept "taste testing" trying to figure out what it really tasted like, and then trying to figure out why we couldn't stop taste testing (I think I really liked the crunchy, candied texture)! The orange flavor was a little weird, and yet really good. You can use whatever flavor of Jello gelatin you want - I used orange because it's what sounded best of the gelatin packets I had in the pantry - but I think cherry, strawberry, lime, or grape would be pretty fantastic next time! This orange popcorn would be great for Halloween, and lime would be awesome for St. Patrick's Day - anything red would be fun for Valentine's Day coming up! :) This is very versatile, fun for a special occasion, easy to make, fun to do with your kiddos, and super tasty too! What more can you ask for in a recipe?!
Candy Popcorn slightly adapted from A Couple In The Kitchen
1/3 cup margarine
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 3-ounce package flavored gelatin mix
9 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Combine honey and margarine in a microwave safe bowl and cook for about 1 minute on high, or until it's melted completely.
- Immediately stir in the sugar and flavored gelatin powder. Return to the microwave, and cook on high until the mixture begins to boil, gets foamy and approximately doubles in size, (or about 2 minutes).
- Pour gelatin mixture over popcorn and quickly stir to coat.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and pour the coated popcorn onto the sheet, spreading as evenly as possible.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes (it will be very sticky during the baking process). Allow to cool and harden, and then store in an airtight container.