Everyone's Favorite Cookie
This is a WONDERFUL cookie recipe that I fixed this past weekend and we have all really enjoyed them!! I was lazy and skipped a few of the steps suggested in the original recipe and posted my modified version below. I am sure the original recipe would be WONDERFUL too - you can find that here. These would be great warmed up with some vanilla ice cream, with a big glass of milk, or really anytime. They're chewy, full of tasty goodies, and very yummy!
Everyone's Favorite Cookie (adapted from) Baking Nana on AllRecipes.com
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 oz chocolate chips
2 oz Toffee Chips, Skorr or Heath
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, add sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until well combined.
- Add toffee chips, chocolate chips, nut and stir to combine.
- Roll cookies into balls about the size of walnuts. Place on ungreased baking sheets..
- Bake for 10 mins at 375. Cookies will not look quite done. Take them out anyway. Let cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet. Carefully transfer to cooling rack and allow to set (or enjoy while they are still ooey and gooey straight from the oven!).