RECIPE: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I have often wondered if I should be more "focused" when I write this blog, but truly it is ultimately to capture my life - whatever the focus of life may be at the moment; whether its a book I just read, a new recipe I just tried, surrogacy experiences, a school field trip I attended with Kent... they are all bits and pieces of me.

So, with that, I had to share this recipe Kent and I baked on Monday night! These are great cookies!! We have a fundraiser project coming up through my company, a cook book that we are going to gather recipes for and have a cover artwork design contest for. So I've been trying out new recipes and trying to get my "creative juices" flowing so I'll have good ideas and good recipes to contribute! I love any excuse to try out something new in the kitchen, and www.allrecipes.com is a great resource.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/BAKERS-Peanut-Butter-Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chunk-Cookies/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS
1 cup flour
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use reduced fat)
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup peanut butter chips or coarsely chopped peanuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. Beat butter, sugars and peanut butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips or nuts (if desired).
Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 11 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 1 min.; remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely.

I modified the chocolate part of the recipe to show what we used, the original recipe calls for bakers squares. These are definitely keepers! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts