#MuffinMonday ~ Cheese and Garlic Muffins
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
Today I am in Chicago! When this post goes live I will be enjoying my last day in the city after traveling for a friend's wedding on Saturday. It has been years since I visited and I've so been looking forward to this trip!
These muffins are a wonderful side dish with any meal - especially with the cooler weather starting to arrive (or at least starting to think about arriving)! They are tender, chock full of yummy cheese and deliciously garlicky. You can reheat leftovers in the oven. You can eat at room temp, but with all that cheese in the middle, served warm is best.
See all the Muffin Monday offerings today!
- Cheese and Garlic Muffins from Making Miracles
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Fall Harvest Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Purple Sweet Potato Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Spicy Chicken Salad Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 opening standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place butter and garlic in a microwave proof bowl and melt in 30 second bursts. Keep warm (leave in microwave).
- Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the center, and add wet ingredients. Mix until just combined (it should be a lumpy thick batter).
- Dollop a heaped tablespoon into each hole. Top with a slice of cheese and drizzle each with 1 tsp garlic butter. Divide remaining batter between muffins, then drizzle over remaining garlic butter (about ½ tsp each).
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden on top and spring back when touched in the center.
- Best served warm so the cheese in the middle is still gooey.
Cheese and Garlic Muffins from Recipe Tin Eats
2 cups plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 egg, lightly whisked
¾ cups + 2 TBS milk
1 tsp white vinegar
3 TBS sour cream
4 TBS vegetable oil
2 TBS dried parsley
1 tsp minced garlic
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 stick of butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
12 slices of mozzarella or Monterrey Jack cheese (small squares that will fit in the muffin tin)