#MuffinModay ~ Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
This recipe made 15 muffins for me - so keep that in mind if you have muffin tins on the smaller side like some of mine seem to be. These muffins were really, really delicious. Super tender, a lovely light crunchy exterior from the butter, just the right amount of chocolate chips, and a hint of the espresso flavor. I might add more next time. All in all a great way to start, or end, the day!
Take a look at all the yummy muffin-goodness we're sharing today!
- Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins from Making Miracles
- Blueberry Muffin Tops with a Cheesecake Drizzle from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Bonfire Tea Muffins from The Spiced Life
- Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Mediterranean Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Savoury Pumpkin Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
1 1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (if you're using smaller muffin tins, you may need to use 2 pans for excess batter).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the the bananas, sugars, butter, milk, and egg together until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir just until combined, then add the chocolate chips in by hand.
- Fill each prepared cup about three-quarters full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooling rack, and let cool for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the muffins from the pan and let them finish cooling on the cooling rack.
- Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.