#SecretRecipeClub ~ Buckeye Brownies


Welcome to the October 2016 Fall Dishes themed reveal day for Secret Recipe Club. I hope you will take a moment to visit the Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of food bloggers who are given a secret assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day. For this special edition reveal day, I had the pleasure of visiting Cook with Sara. I enjoyed browsing through her extensive recipe index. Sara is a midwestern girl who enjoys spending time in the kitchen and has loved cooking since she was young Like many of us, time spent watching her mother prepare meals with love for their family inspired her.


We were thinking comforting dessert recipes for this reveal day. You may not jump to chocolate and peanut butter when you think of fall - but we think this recipe definitely belongs in your fall line up for delicious, tasty desserts to share with those you love. 



These brownies are rich, sweet, and a sure way to resolve your sweet tooth in a hurry. That fluffy layer of peanut butter frosting puts these over the top. I did have issues with my chocolate layer - but I tried to do it in the microwave in small bursts and think I went a little too long, so it skipped the glossy easy to pour phase and turned into play dough. Delicious, chocolate play dough. Serve this rich, satisfying treat with a hot cup of coffee on a cool fall day for the best end to you day!


Buckeye Brownies from Cook with Sara

Brownie
1 brownie mix, for a 9x9 pan
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup water

Filling
2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
3-5 TBS milk

Glaze
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 TBS butter

Directions
  1. For the brownies, combine the brownie mix, eggs, oil and water in a large mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed (I really like my dough whisk for brownie batter). Pour into a greased 9x9 pan and bake according to package directions, about 25 minutes at 350. Cool completely.
  2. For the filling, beat together the powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and 3 TBS milk using an electric mixer. Add more milk if needed to achieve a spreading consistency. Spread the filling over the brownie layer and refrigerate until firm. Whip for about 3 minutes, until very creamy and fluffy in consistency.
  3. For the glaze, melt the chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over peanut butter layer, or drizzle. Refrigerate until firm. Makes 3 dozen.


Comments

  1. Peanut butter and chocolate, in a brownie. Winner Winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Brownies are my weakness and these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buckeye brownies are genius! So much better than individually rolling and dipping each candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't go wrong with pb & chocolate! these brownies sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for a good brownie. These look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are SO yummy. I'm glad you liked them. I hope you have better luck with the chocolate part next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love buckeyes and turning them into brownies sounds so good! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite combo of all time. I love buckeyes, and can just imagine how good they are in brownie form!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious! Brownies are always good whether plain old brownies or these delicious looking ones! Traci, BurntApple.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these look so good. I know I would eat too many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts