#Choctoberfest ~ Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
Welcome to day 2 of #Choctoberfest - a celebration of ALL THINGS CHOCOLATE!! Grab a cup of cocoa, sit back, and join in the sugary madness. Make sure to visit the kick-off post from yesterday to enter the fantastic raffle, and see all our incredible sponsors this year. There are 69 bloggers bringing you sooo many chocolate deliciousness this week. Make sure to check out all the drool-worthy goodies, linked at the bottom of this post.
To the main attraction. This ridiculous tart. Seriously. I bought my tart pan about a year ago and have been wanting to break it in, but have had so many other yummy things to make, the occasion just hasn't presented itself. Until now. And oh I picked a good recipe to get it dirty for. A Oreo cookie crust, layers of gooey, creamy, super smooth peanut butter and chocolate ganache and a liberal dousing of chopped mini Reese's on top? Yep. This one is a total winner.
This is one of those desserts that is sure to impress and would absolutely be share-worthy at a special occasion. And it is so incredibly rich, that you don't need more than a small sliver per person for a few bites of heaven. Serve this along some good strong coffee and it will be a very happy way to end the day indeed!
Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart from Life Love and Sugar
1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (roughly 18 cookies)
4 TBS butter, melted
6 oz Reese's peanut butter chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
12-15 mini Reese's, quartered (mix white chocolate and milk chocolate mini Reese's)
- Add melted butter to cookie crumbs and mix until combined.
- Press cookie mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch tart pan, with removable bottom, then set aside.
- Put the peanut butter chips into a microwave safe glass measuring cup. Add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream to the bowl. (The cream should mostly cover the peanut butter chips.)
- Microwave mixture until cream begins to boil (90 seconds was perfect for me). Remove from microwave and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour peanut butter ganache into the crust and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or until fairly firm.
- Meanwhile, put chocolate chips into a microwave bowl or measuring cup and add remaining 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. Heavy cream should mostly cover the chocolate chips.
- Microwave mixture until cream begins to boil, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from microwave and whisk until smooth.
- Pour chocolate ganache over peanut butter ganache and spread into an even layer.
- Top with halved mini Reese's.
- Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.