#BundtBakers ~ Fall Fruits Bundt Cake
This cake was fantastic! I wasn't quite sure what to expect using three different fruit components and swapping out what was intended to be fresh fruit with another puree (in the form of apple butter in place of grated / diced apples), but I could not have been more happy with this cake. I have dubbed this pumpkin banana bread. It's very subtly sweet, lightly spiced, and I can taste a touch of banana and a touch of pumpkin. The texture is soft, moist, with a little bit of chew. It works perfectly as a breakfast cake, but just as well for dessert (especially if you added a touch of cinnamon kissed whipped cream)!
If you want to pack a whole bunch of fruit into your next cake, definitely give this one a try. The kitchen smelled just like fall to me.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice blend - use: ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp ground allspice, ½ tsp ground nutmeg, ½ tsp ground cloves
Check out all these Healthy Cheat, Sneaky, or Substitute bundts shared today!
- Almond Bundtlettes by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Avocado Mini Bundts by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Black Forest Tomato Bundt Cake by Shilpi at Simplyveggies
- Choco-flower Apple Bundt Cake by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Beet Bundt Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Orange Bundt Cake by Nichole at Cookaholic Wife
- Fall Fruits Bundt Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Flourless Chocolate Bundt Cake by Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Secret Spice Yoghurt Cake by Jane at Jane's Adventure in Dinner
- Tunnel of Fudge Cake by Bee at The Queen of Scones
- Vanilla Bean Malt Bundt Cake by Felice at All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Whole Wheat Banana Bundt Cake byAnshie>at Spiceroots
Fall Fruits Bundt Cake adapted from Real Food Kitchen
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon plus / pumpkin pie spice mix
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 medium banana, mashed
2 TBS vanilla extract
3/4 cup apple butter or applesauce
1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- Combine first 5 ingredients: set aside.
- Combine oil, banana, eggs, vanilla, apple butter and pumpkin puree in a large bowl; mix well. Blend in dry ingredients until just combined (don't overmix).
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10” bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 ½ hours or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before inverting onto a serving platter.