This month's Foodie Extravaganza is hosted by Caroline of Caroline's Cooking who selected Pancakes as our tasty theme. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
This is such a fun theme - I am a lover of pancakes, and as with most dishes that we eat on a somewhat regular basis I love to try variations of the same thing - always looking for the next "family favorite" recipe! I wouldn't change anything about this recipe - except to double it next time. It made about 4 large pancakes, and with 3 full-sized humans and 1 pint-sized human they didn't last long! We enjoyed these as breakfast for dinner one night, and agreed they worked very nicely for dinner since they are on the savory side with the subtle flavor of peanut butter. I highly recommend using about a 50/50 ratio of maple syrup and jam combined, heated, and mixed to blend to serve atop these pancakes. It became an easily spreadable consistency and was delicious. These pancakes are so fluffy too - we really liked the texture and consistency these came out. Definitely a keeper, and we will make them again. My son wants to sandwich the jelly syrup in between two, and have a PB&J pancake breakfast sandwich on his birthday.
See all the delicious pancake recipes shared today:
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes by Cooking With Carlee
- Buckwheat Pancakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Pancakes by The Freshman Cook
- Caramelized Banana Topped Pancakes by cookinandcraftin
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Churro Pancakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Corn Panki / Corn Pancakes by Sneha's Recipe
- Gluten-Free Pikelets with Homemade Butter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Heath Bar and Banana Pancakes by Our Good Life
- Masala dosa by Caroline's Cooking
- Panqueques con Dulce de Leche (Argentinian Dulce de Leche Crepes) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes by Making Miracles
- Pineapple Upside-down Pancakes by Love from the Kitchen
- Silver Dollar Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Hardly A Goddess
- Spring Onion Pancakes with Spicy Dipping Sauce by Food Lust People Love
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 TBS granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
your favorite jelly, warmed up or syrup
- Heat a griddle or a large nonstick skillet over a medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg and peanut butter until well combined.
- Gently mix the wet into the dry until just combined - do not over mix.
- Spray your griddle with a cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. The batter will be thick, so you can spread it a little to flatten if desired. Cook pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with warmed up jelly or syrup (mixing about half jam / jelly, half maple syrup works great). Garnish with fresh fruit if desired.