#FreshTastyValentines ~ Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Welcome to #FreshTastyValentines day 6! Join us for a full week of wonderful recipes to inspire your fresh and tasty Valentine's Day meals. We are sponsored by some pretty amazing companies this year and will get to highlight some amazing products and ingredients thanks to their generosity. Please visit the Kick-Off post here to see the FANTASTIC giveaway information!
If you've never roasted garlic before, please start soon. It is about the happiest smell EVER. I love it. And am dreaming of all the things I can smear roasted garlic on. It's the best ever.
These potatoes are perfectly creamy and deliciously seasoned by the roasted garlic. They were an absolutely delicious side to accompany the red wine and garlic strip steaks we had for dinner the other night (steak recipe coming tomorrow)! Definitely give these a try soon - they are really wonderful and I can't wait to enjoy them again.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes adapted from Self Proclaimed Foodie
1 head garlic
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 tablespoons butter, cut into slices
1/2 cup sour cream
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop the very tips of a bulb of garlic off and place in a Casabella garlic roaster - drizzle with about 1/2 TBS olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- When cooked through, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add potato pieces. Simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- When potatoes are tender, drain and pour them into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- When garlic is cool enough to handle, remove from roaster and squeeze / peel roasted cloves out of their casings and place in a small bowl. Use the back of a fork to mash them into a paste.
- Scrape mashed roasted garlic into bowl with potatoes, along with butter, sour cream, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend on low to medium speed until mixture is smooth and creamy, and reaches desired consistency. Taste test and adjust as needed.
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from the #FreshTastyValentines sponsors for the purpose of recipe testing and review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.